Saturday, March 24, 2012

Smithwick's draught 5%

Montréal hosts the longest running St-Patrick's day parade in Canada and controversy roams around witch city between Boston and New York holds the title in North America or even the world. Always great fun, I put this celebration up with Christmas and the Superbowl to be my favorites! I've been attending for the last 5 years. Tons of stories and memories are made on the Sunday following St-Patrick's day. In the morning I enjoy a few beers, special coffee and sometimes an Irish Car Bomb. Smithwick's is an Irish ale, reddish brown in color, this particular batch was brewed in Dublin in July 2011(we are now in march). The importation process seem to be very unkind for these European beers because the ones I have tasted in London where better by far. I can taste these red beers close to my scapulas and my spine. I don't know if its the enthusiasm around this festivity or the fact that I’m drinking beer in the morning but I really enjoyed this beer in its category. Not too bitter and a short tasty aftertaste comes following a light bitterness.


2.25$ for a 500ml in Québec


7.6/10


No comments: