Monday, April 23, 2012

Rickard's Dark English Style Porter



Ehhh I hate the new blogger! Yeah so I'm drinking dark beer because its dark and raining and cold... depressing can't wait for the nice weather, got all wet going to work on my bike today and ran a 5k afterwards in the rain once again, the motivation is low and the time is quite normal 24min. 43 sec. I had tasted it a few times before and had brainstormed on it during march madness with my friends associating it with Louisville the dark horse getting to the final four. Unbelievable the are still selling the Movember marketed cans in April but it seems to have kept well.  This 4.8% beer is not too bitter for my taste. It has a reddish brown colour when you look at it in the light. A little "stoutty" aftertaste can be figured out. It has a smokey sweet taste. Its very enjoyable and its interesting that its brewed with maple syrup from Quebec. It is not too sweet like other maple beers. Delicious dark beer even for the ones who are not big fans of dark beer. Not very creamy either! I would go for it again anytime...

2.50$ for a 473ml in Quebec

8.6/10

No comments: