Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Valentins Hefeweissbier 5.3%


I was too lazy to hit the gym after work today, probably still recovering from my prom this weekend. After dinner I felt kind of guilty so I went for a run. It felt pretty good in the light drizzle and fog of early May. After my run I hit the convenience store near the park and was very surprised to find this beer I had never heard of. In fact the whole label was strictly in German. The flat 3.00$ price might also be an indicator that I will have trouble finding more. Well not too big of a problem because I didn't really enjoy it. Orange white cloudy colour. A bitter wheat taste and its flat in two shakes of a lamb's tail! According to the website it was named after St-Valentines the patron saint of lovers. Too bad it did not make a good first impression on me. The best before date under the can wasn't until 2013. Who knows more people may try to market it but I doubt it!

3.00$ for a 500ml in Québec

6.2/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to leave a comment about Valentins Hefeweissbier and while I leave this comment I enjoy this Hefeweissbier. I don't know where to start but I live for about 8 years in China and China is not famous for it's good beer compared to where I come from. I'm from Holland and we really got good beer. Anyway, I was in our local supermarket and the've got a new assortiment beer which was Hefeweisser and believe me, I know how good white beer taste like. We've got Hoegaarden and Witte Raaf in Holland and some of them are from Belgium. So, i thought "What the hell? I'll give it a try" Can be that bad because it's a German beer anyway. I paid 9 renminbi for this can of beer and after laying a whole afternoon in the fridge I decided to consume it on a hot summernight and I must say it taste pretty good for a beer that contains 5.3% Alcohol. This beer taste better than the 2.5% beer they sell in China!