Tuesday, June 12, 2012

ELLI WILL


Elli Will is brewed by Les Brasseurs du Hameau in Ham-Sud Quebec. It is a spruce beer with alcohol, quite rare but interesting concept. In fact, it has a 5.5% alcohol content. Brewing only 750 litres a week, this beer is from the smallest brewery in Canada. As for the taste it is quite mind boggling. I was expecting something sweet but it was instead very bitter and flavourful. It seemed just like if I was drinking the sap of a spruce. You know those little bubbles filled with sap on the bark that we used to constantly pop, as kids, and get all  sticky? North American Indians used to brush their teeth with this sap.That's why I know what it tastes like. I enjoyed it more than alot of micro-brewed beers but would I buy it again? I don't know we will just have to wait and see!

On a scale from 1 to 10, I give it 7.5/10 in its category of course.

5.99$ for a 500ml in Quebec

No comments: