Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Headstrong Black & Tan


This mix is actually a beer drink made of a blend of pale ale and stout. A nice stout taste with the carbonation of a pale ale. It kind of takes away the richness of the stout tough. I haven't tasted both beer separately but the stout seems quite sweet and chocolatey with uhh a hint of tobacco, am I crazy? The idea of this blend isn't optimal because I prefer my black and tan when every sip has a different concentration of each type of beer. On the upside it seems to keep well because I have had this for a few weeks and it is still fresh tasting. Since 1996 it is brewed by Big Hole Brewing Company out of Utica, NY.(reminds me of the movie Road trip) But it actually originates from Montana The name Headstrong comes from the Buffalo with enough determination to blaze a trail for the rest of the herd to follow. 473 ml @ 5.5% ...The best part of this beer is the fact that I am drinking it out of my Defensive Player Of The Game mug I got this weekend in our football victory.

5.9/10

I actually paid 2.60$ for a 473ml can in Ontario a few weeks ago but according to the LCBO website it is now discontinued and liquidated at 2$.

No comments: