Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sir John A's


This honey wheat ale from P.-E.-I. is said to be a light golden brew with honey-ish notes on the nose and a rounded off dry and slightly citrusy body. It is the gold medal winner at the 2011 Canadian Brewing Awards. Brewed by Gahan, it is not pasteurized. At first I was struck by its beautiful colour, I tought it was surprisingly pale by my expectations. The honey-ish notes, I could not find them. It is nice and dry tough and feels very light. The wheatyness is there and never goes away. The packaging date is very evident and clearly indicated witch is a plus. The bubbles are a tad creamy but fade away really quickly. The smell was a terrific arrangement of everything nice, but overall this one is not one of my favourites. This beer has 4.5% alcohol.

3.60$ for 500ml in Prince-Edward-Island

6.6/10

No comments: