Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mr. Hyde 6.7%

A few weeks ago on a sunny allstar sunday with nothing to do, I decided to go to Vankleek Hill Ontario with my brother, my girlfriend and one of my attorneys and his wife. We sped down the highway with only one highwayside bathroom break (snowbank) to finally arrive in a small town where people nod at you at the gas station. We bursted in to the brewry, unexpected out of towners, an hour or so before closing time. After two tiny samplers, we started to hoard the counter with our order. Next thing you know we find 2$ underfills of lug thread (their blond beer) so we crack a few open for the 3 minute tour of the factory only to learn shortly after that it wasn't allowed to do so. After an evening @the Winsor Tavern and supper @the Blueberry pub we went back home with a few litres of beer. This morning as I woke up I had in mind of buying a rye bread for some toast and what better way to accompany it but with rye beer? Mr. Hyde is a very bitter organic rye beer (30%). The best compliment I can give it is its creaminess, or maybe its label or even its bottle witch is very typical of the Beau's brewerie. Tastes are very individual, but personally this wasn't my favourite. Damn beautiful bottles tough but the redemption on them range from 0.80$ to 4.00$ and you can't sell em anywhere. Its so hard to recycle and bring back your emptys nowadays even if its the law, but lets not get me started on that! Back to Mr. Hyde, this bronze or copper colored beer has a very long lasting aftertaste that stays with you like the pain of a punch in the mouth, its almost chocking. The alcohol content is 6.7% witch is rare in a beer. Anyways I'll be back there someday to bring back my bottles and probably will try the Dr. Jekyll.


BEAU'S ALL NATURAL BREWING CO.

10 TERRY FOX DR.

VANKLEEK HILL, ONTARIO, CANADA

No comments: