Saturday, February 25, 2012

Wernesgrüner

German pilsener, I find that pilseners are a type of beer that don't varie very much in taste. They are a sure shot. A little heavier in content and taste than blonde ales but they have a powerful and distinctive kick. Their bitterness is subtle and stays in the back of the pallet. This one was fairly old, I bought it a few months ago when I went up to the cottage to work with the chainsaw. It obviously kept well because its in a can and also because its a pilsener. The smell is surprisingly fresh almost fruity, but hard to identify. I might have to retake the taste test since I just shovelled the whole driveway and got pretty, thirsty pretty fast. Very generic large batch beer just like I love. I do recommend! 4.9% Brewed according to the German Purity Law*.

*This law was created in 1516 and dictated that the only ingredients used to brew beer must be barley, hops and water and only of premium quality in order to prevent people from drinking poor standard and potentially lethal beverages. Remember that the water supplys back then where often tainted.



www.wernesgruener.com

No comments: